View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:51

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

Yeah Meg, I take my kids with me. This has been going on ever since I started low carbing, I think a lot of it is the idea that it seems to be "special" food. For the most part I don't cook any different for my family than I do for me. Example if we have hamburgers they get the bread I eat it with out, so it goes ok. I try to limit the treats and snacks I get them, but they seem to love the "expensive stuff I get" including almonds, and other nuts. So I have to start buying for them what I do me, and they have to understand that what they used to get I wont get because money is an issue. We have plenty for our needs, but I try not to overdue what I get them. It becomes a juggling act of sorts at times. Part of being a mom, and battleing weight problems all my life. My biggest fear is if they feel that they don't have the occassional treat, or something special they will binge, and that will lead to future problems, I know that is something of my problem, the idea of being deprived, when in reality I'm not in anyway shape or form. I get a kick out of you talking about your family, we all have gems in some way shape or form. LOL
Anyway, you are getting closer, and good luck in the next few days to couple of weeks. when you hit that 37 week mark it really starts to set in that boy this baby could come anytime now, am I really ready for this. Then again I have been thinking that since I found out I was expecting this time. I have no clue as to how I'm going to handle two babies 17 1/2 months apart.
I'm working on the positive aspects of my goals, the positive thinking, paying attention to my family, working on controling my temperment, (it has been very volitile this pregnancy, probably due to my anxiety as much as hormones), and increasing my spirituality, something very important to me, and I hope will help combat any post partum depression.
Tanya