View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 22:25

Plan: south beach
Stats: 202/198/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress:

hi...i'm 21 and have been diagnosed with pcos for almost five years now...however i was younger then and in extreme denial so i am only recently dealing with my issues...i have upped my dosage of metformin (glucophage) and am on spironolactone for the hair growth (these i've been on for years)

however, i was recently told that not only do my ovaries have cysts on them inhibiting fertility, but that my uterus is also misshapen...meaning that if i were to get pregnant i would most likely miscarry continuously

my question i guess for most of you is that you found out about your pcos after having children...i'm lost on how to feel being only 21...i never even thought seriously about kids before and now that i've been told it's virtually impossible...i can't seem to get over it

i see kids in strollers and start crying and am constantly depressed over what i've been told i can't have...i just wanted to know if any of you know what kind of psychiatrist to see for pcos...or how i'm supposed to get used to the idea of not having children...before i've even reached the age when it's important?