View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Modified SBD
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 20%

i can finally run again! started three weeks ago on the treadmill and could hardly keep up at 3.2mph even for 10sec. I was literally falling off the treadmill! Now I can comfortably run 4.3mph for as long as a minute in intervals. Yay! I have been doing a boot camp sort of program, and I'm FINE as long as I work out EVERY DAY- but as soon as I miss a day, I can really feel how badly I've been kicking my own butt! Soreness hits around 36 hours after the workout for me, so if I squeeze another in before that, I'm okay. I took two days straight off this last week, and literally could not do half of my normal routine the following day! So that's pretty good motivation for me.

My workout at this point is just under an hour of cardio, including at least 30min on the treadmill with varying intervals in incline and speed every minute or two (Top speed 4.4mph! Yay!) and rotating between 15-20 min on the elliptical trainer or the recumbent bike. I'm doing the Shape Bikini Blast workout from this summer's June, July and August issues, usually about 15-20 minutes (I'm a wimp.). Looking forward to getting some core training after about a month of this workout, and phasing in some balance ball work. I'm still pretty wimpy though, and struggling through a set of 12 basic crunches. I'm up to 12 each of each of 4 types of abdominal crunches so far.

So I'm still here! Just enjoying summer outside when I have a free minute! Expect to see a lot more of me as the weather gets uglier!!!

Miss you all, and I do drop by at least twice a week and skim posts, so keep in touch.

Enjoy the summer!!!