View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-05, 12:01

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

Hum, interesting you disagree when sources I read, all state that the fats and protiens in milk do not make up for the amount of lactose and the speed in which it is digested. I got my info both from Dr. Schwarzbein, and Dr. Bernstein. I also have personal experience with gestational diabetes and I can tell you milk makes my bs go up fast and stay up, much higher than it's 15 grams of carb should do. I even add cream to the milk when I have it to help increase the fat content to see if that would make a difference.
So you may disrepectful agree but I am going by solid evidence from what I experience, it is possible to get what you need from many other sources and not need the milk. For me in comes down to what carb source is more important and gives me more bang for the buck and milk is not one of them. I can say bye-bye to it and I don't mind missing it. Is it worth the few gms of carbs meaning 15 per cup, which acts like 45 gms when you can only have 100 or so gms if you are really watching what you eat to have a healthy baby. I don't think so. Yogurt has less carb, and actually has more of the minerals you talk about than does milk.
I have studdied this, gone now through 2 pregnancy's lc and milk was not an essensial part of my diet.
Tanya