#25   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-05, 08:42
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
The struggle in maintenance is psychological. It's mostly scary. When you're losing you have the goal of getting rid of fatness to keep you motivated. When you're maintaining you have no motivation. You have to keep yourself motivated by constantly reminding yourself why you need to maintain. The fear comes in that you fret one day you might forget why you're doing this and stop. Complacency will set in.

Great posts, Woo.

It really does come down to that. Maintenance is tough if the things that made you over-eat in the first place will never go away. I was raised as a compulsive junk food eater and my deep-down desire to eat and drink everything in sight will never really go away. Funny - just yesterday, I arrived in the city a few hours before my brother was going to pick me up. There was a McDonalds. I stood there for a good five or ten minutes arguing with myself about what to do. I have a bunch of canker sores right now, so I honestly entertained the idea of a Flurry. In the meantime, I kept glancing at my watch, looking like I was waiting for someone, so people wouldn't think I was nuts. In the end, I went to a nearby salad bar and got a pile of spinach, bacon and cheese. But I felt somewhat... bereft.

There you have it, folks. It doesn't always feel as good as it looks.