View Single Post
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 15:44

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Glad I found this review. I'm premaintenance and I'm looking for something that focuses more on healing than weight loss for when I get to goal. My sister (who got me turned on to low carbing in the first place) did her research and as a vegetarian, came up wtih SP as the most veggie-friendly LC diet (at that time - this was in 2001) and she stayed on that for a while, never moving to any other LC diet (whereas I, like an LC schizophrenic, jumped between plans ). She really enjoyed it and went from a size 20 to a size 8. She's not taken a different approach and the last I heard from her she is of SP and other LC plans but watching her portions on the bad carbs and eating whole foods. Unfortunately, she has gained some of the weight back (she says she's a size 14).

I always liked Dr. S. holistic approach but it didn't seem right for me at the time. Now I ordered the new book from Amazon and hopefully that will help me through maintenance.

My sister did, however, leave me the Vegetarian cookbook and I still use some recipes in it. They're wonderful!

Tam