View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 04:56
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

Okay, this is the war zone so I'm gonna throw this out there and expect to be conked on the head ! There was one word in Mousemom's post that made me twinge..."permission". This is not ours to give. And it does seem like there are people on here that cheat and look to us to justify their behavior.

As I see it, there are two choices. Either eat the "bad" food or don't. If you did, then I give the advice to "get back on the wagon" and if you didn't, I say "good for you". But there are some posters who take NO responsibility for themselves and expect everyone around them to adjust themselves to their lifestyle. This is not only NOT fair to others, it's not fair to themselves. What will they do in the "real world"?

I do agree that there are some harsh people in this forum. More of it seems to do with the fact that this is typed and there is no emotion to go with it. Had those people said those things to your face, they would probably just seem straightforward, not harsh.

But, the poster has to realize that soooo many of us have done this and are successful at it. When they whine and we appeal to the adult in them, they take the defensive. This is abhorrent to me, personally. I did this by myself (with SUPPORT from other members, not babysitting) and succeeded and so did alot of people in here. I am here for support only, not to babysit and mollycoddle them. Therefore, I will only answer what I consider "legitimate" questions. I seem to get myself in trouble if I tell someone it's their choice and don't pat them on the back for whining.

Just my .02