#10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 160/150/145
BF:
Progress: 67%

Joan:

I read both books and both diets are very similar with the difference that on CAPL you have to divide your portions on 1/3rds. You can always go for seconds but it must be in the same way. You can't go back for more dessert or carbs if you don't have equal amounts of veggies and protein. CAPL diet allows for snaking and also have some recommendations you can make through this WOE as you get ready for them, i.e., quit drinking diet drinks, quit using sugar substitutes., etc...(there are about 10 of these choices you could make) to make you more healthy, etc....

Also, I don't have the CAPL book with me, in the CAPL book it mention something about CAPL being recommended for people over 40 or 50, but also states that will work for any age group. Again you could buy both books and decide which one you are more likely to stick with.

I think that if you really, really enjoy having salad 2 or 3 times a day because you really love them, CAPL will be a good choice. If you are like me, that can only eat a salad once a day (even when I don't mind some veggies more than once a day) then CAD will work fine as long as you know how to control your RM bacause in CAPL you MUST start your RM with a salad, and always have to do the 1/3rds portions on your RM.

Good Luck, and lete me know which WOE you choose.