View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 00:57
Registered Member

Plan: ?
Stats: ?/?/? Female ?
BF:
Progress:

If the "vast majority" of the medical community beleives PCOS is caused by insulin resistance then they are wrong. I had PCOS and had it cured (yes I no longer have it) by getting myself out of estrogen dominance, which is estrogen being dominant in relation to progesterone. This can occur whether you have too much, too little, or the proper amount of estrogen in the body. Only a multiple sample saliva test can detect this condition. Blood tests are useless as they are only done once and estrogen/progesterone levels vary throughout the monthly cycle.

Oh, and I've never had any form of insulin resistance. But estrogen dominance can lead to that problem as well. MD's always seem to think that if two things happen to commonly but certainly not always coincide that one must cause the other. Doesn't work that way.

PCOS is a hormonal imbalance problem. Cutting carbs may ease some of the PCOS symptoms in some cases, but only by balancing the estrogen/progesterone ratio is a cure possible.

And I'm not the only one cured by balancing the hormones. I know many others who have experienced the same thing I did.