View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 17:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/134/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
i do smoke too and its hard to quit. Did you quit already.. You're tired maybe you're not eating enough, not sleeping enough and are u taking any vitamins/// not to mention that you exercise..

Luvtrish, Yesterday started my 4th week of quitting. I have been on the patch the entire time. I've had a couple of "slip-ups" but that's it. For the most part, I went from smoking about a pack a day to slipping up and having 1 cigarette every now and then. I take it day by day and it's getting easier everyday to go without smoking. I'm definitely eating enough and have been low carbing for 2 years now. I joined Curves 3 weeks ago so I have been going there 3 times a week. I also normally get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, so I think I am getting plently of rest. I guess my main question was this:

Am I feeling tired because of the patch, quitting smoking, in general, after smoking for so many years, or might it have something to do with my metabolism. The reason I ask this is because I heard that your metabolism goes a bit out of whack after quitting smoking and I was wondering if a slower metabolism and feeling tired might be related? If so, how long before I am feeling like myself again?