View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 13:07

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

TOM can definitely knock the wind out of your sails. If it's TOM, wait it out (sucks, I know) and see if you go back to feeling better after TOM. With doses less than about 3 grains, your body tends to lower its own production once it senses the new stuff coming in. This is often why you feel hypo again. The protocol for Armour is to increase by half a grain every two weeks until you get to 3 grains, then wait 4-6 weeks ans see how you feel.

After TOM, if you still feel hypo, call your doc, explain about symptoms coming back and temps going down and ask permission to increase your dose. If the doc says no, you will have to evaluate how to proceed from there. Just so you know, T3 enters the system quickly, so you can use the T3 in Armour right away. T4, however, builds slowly over the course of 4-6 weeks, so usually the longer you're on Armour, the better you feel as long as you're int he neighborhood of the right dose to begin with.

I'm currently on 3 grains and I'm feeling like this is pretty close to my optimal dose. My doc gave me an extra script to go to 4 if I think I need it, and he says he'll work with me if I need more than that, too. Right now I feel even and good day to day, but I'll still grab a short nap inthe after noon sometimes. I'm about to go back to working out, so we'll see how that affects me now.

Cheers,

Friday