#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 01:13

Plan: schwarzbein/ hellers low carb
Stats: 150/142/119
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Hi I'm new here I'm on The Schwarzbein Principle woe

[COLOR=darkblue]Hi,
I'm really glad to see there is a low carb forum for Fibro/cfs/me here.

I have had ME for the last 9 years. I was in remission for the last 3 years yet have recently had a serious relapse....so i'm back to the starting block on all my symptoms. My doctor recommended going on a high protein high fat diet. So i researched low carb diets ......The Schwarzbein principle seemed to be for me the most suitable. Her book is brilliant . I would recommend it to all sufferers ( as an essential read even if u don't follow her woe) as it has some very valuble info on physiology, carb addiction, how and why we become addicted, hyperinsulinism, low serotonin levels, vits/minerals etc.

Since I started TSP I have lost 7lbs in 5 weeks ...this woe isn't about quick weight loss it is about losing weight steadily and most importantly restoring the body's metabolism/health.

When i lowered my carb intake i noticed i went through withdrawal, a dark depression, fatigue, feeling totally out of sorts along with my symptoms of ME. I got through it and it was worth it. I also started taking St Johns wort, loads of vitamins/minerals/digestive enzymes which have also helped.

I am at a disadvantage tho because i can't exercise, hence will find it a little harder to lose weight and gain muscle mass .......................any tips out there anyone???

Liberty x
Sponsored Links