#5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 01:23
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

My dear Puphappy,

I'm afraid your partner was wrong and he was right. Many of us had/have headaches as we withdraw from the carbs.
So simply having more carbs will remove the headache, but as soon as you withdraw the carbs again, Mr Headache will probably come back. Sorry to give you such icky news!

The good news is that if you simply ride out feeling unwell for a few days, that's it for the headaches and general feeling of "unwellness." It's a great shame that Dr A doesn't explain this bit in his book. I guess if people read that there is a possibility they are going to feel awful for a day or two, no-one will want to try this WOE (way of eating).

So, no, you are probably not hypoglycaemic, but if you were, eating sugar is the worst possible thing to do. Eating more protein is a much better treatment than sugar.

So all you have to do is start again, accepting that you will feel a bit off for the first few days. After that, you will feel much better.

Matey, how about starting a journal here? I'll be only too happy to pop in to say hullo from time to time.

Rosebud