View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 17:42

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Shelley!

I strongly suspect that my 7 year old daughter is Attention Deficit and while I don't have her on a low carb program, I have eliminated most of the processed sugar from her diet with great results. I now offer her cheese, yogurt and low carb fruits for snacks instead of chips and other junky food with the one exception of ice cream on Friday after school (it's a tradition). Her teacher is reporting that she is doing much better on this....able to pay attention for much longer periods of time without becoming distracted. Since she could also stand to lose a few pounds, I'm encouraging her to eat more meat and veggies and less breads and carby foods. What helps is that she seems to understand the problem that she has with sugar and that makes it much easier to keep her away from it, most of the time anyway...she's still a normal 7 year old with a sweet tooth! LOL You didn't mention how old your older son is, but 8 weeks should be a long enough time to see if this produces a good response from him and for him to see the benefits as well. Perhaps if his dad sees how well he's responding, he'll be more inclined to keep it up once summer is over or maybe your son will just want to keep it up on his own.