View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 16:29
Registered Member

Plan: paleo
Stats: 166/131/115
BF:
Progress: 69%

My experience has been that it doesn't cost us any more to eat the LC way than it did to eat a lot of fast acting carbs. The fast acting carbs appear cheaper. Look at what a package of oatmeal costs compared to vegetables or meat.

But when we ate fast acting carbs I was always hungry. And both my husband and I wanted sweets a lot and overate of them.

When we stopped eating the fast acting carbs, our appetites went down. We still eat often through the day, but when we eat we don't eat nearly as much as we did before. A small handful of nuts is a favorite snack for each of us.

Our grocery bill has not gone up. In fact, it is running about $10.00 to $15.00 less per week. No a hugh difference I know, but we are eating healthier. In fact a goodly per centage of the food we buy is organic. And we're still spending a little less on groceries. Plus we are walking so much that our gas bill has dropped to about one-third of what it was before. It will probably come back up in the winter but we are saving money right now and will throughout the summer and fall.

Dandi