View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 10:43

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Question Some questions

Not much of a subject title - but accurate.

I've been thinking a lot about maintenance lately. Naturally, I have questions. Sometimes I think I'm jumping the gun, then there are times like now. I don't know how many pounds I have left to lose, but I know it's less than 20.

I have questions, and concerns. I'm trying to accept that my body will decide what an 'ideal' weight is for me. Typically when you get close to Maintenance you start increasing carbs; with Atkins you should know your CCLL. My carbs are already pretty damned high. I've had them higher - 90-100g - and still lost. Until very recently I thought that all the intense exercise I was doing was the primary cause of my fat loss, and when I eased up on it the loss would slow down and I would just increase calories to stop losing. That premise is in the process of being blown out of the water.

I stopped exercising last Friday. I increased calories and carbs. I've lost 8 lbs. I don't think I could eat much more than I am now.

Should I just ride it out and let my body decide when it reaches that "ideal" place? Increasing carbs I can do, a bit. I made a decision a long time ago that I wasn't going to eat grains, ever. Makes increasing carbs a little harder.

I like the way I eat.

I think I'm just looking for some reassurance that eventually the melt off will stop. The irony isn't lost on me. I can't believe this could prove to be a problem - I spent so long struggling to lose fat; now I'm worried I'm going to lose too much.

Nat
Sponsored Links