View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 11:44

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Cool Yeah, Granniekat!

I agree with you! I tried for the longest time to defend my WOE, but finally I make no apologies and don't try to convince anyone of the rightness of my WOE. If they say something about how bad it is for me, I just look at them and continue to eat the food I eat. I didn't hear about Dr. Atkins cardiac arrest! How did that happen? When did it happen?

Another piece of ammo for the people who continue to get fat and don't want to go on a "diet." Oh well, their "loss." I've learned that people are going to do what they are going to do, and there's nothing any of us can do about it in a free country. For example, my wife was complaining about her arthritis and the doctor for not giving her more medication to ease the pain. I suggested (for the hundredth time) that she might consider the same diet I was on because it relieves the symptoms of autoimmune disease. She reminded me that I had told her that before and decided to be quiet after that...however, she has made no attempt at changing her eating patterns and is frustrated with me because I won't eat some of the food she likes to prepare. We are at a standoff. It's very troubling to me because I can see her becoming less and less healthy and I can do nothing about it. I love her and want her to feel better, but she will not do it the way I think is best. This is with my own wife!