#10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 21:46
Registered Member

Plan: pregnant so maintenance level
Stats: 136/122/---
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hi all ,

I ditto what Larissa said, very sensible.

Jamie- No, I don't know any fat burning suppliments that are safe to take while breast feeding, because all the ones I know of are stimulants. I wouldn't go near then anyway as {Angela steps onto soap box...} I am very anti big companies making squillions of dollars selling stuff to people based on insecurity about their bodies. PlusI don't like the idea of messing with my metabolism if I don't have a diagnosed metabolic disorder, who knows about long term side effects of those stimulants on your body? I prefer to err on the side of caution. I seriously doubt you'll find any that have been tested on pregnant or breatfeeding women because of ethical issues. {steps off soap box}

I do take other suppliments tho, and have a big interest in nutritional healing. I take Omega 3 fish oils (essential for babies brain development, and my own health in general); as well as calcium, magnesium, zinc, C, E, K, alpha-lipoic acid (antioxidant) prenatal, plus some other ones every now and then.

Everyones weight fluctuates during the day, some people on this forum up to 6 lb in a day, so don't panic. I always weigh first thing in the morning, nekkid, after wees, before gravity sets in. it's strange, but if I weigh first thing, then walk round the house for a few minutes and weigh again I'm usually heaiver the second time. Weird eh? My body must suck water out of the air or something!!??

Heres something else to put the '2lb a week' weightloss into perspective. I lost 17 lb before I got pregnant. I went from approx 34% body fat to about 24ish%. guess how long it took me? 7 months! That works out to an average loss of just over 1/2 a lb a week. Sure it was frustrating as hell at times but I got there in the end, and I will again after my baby is born. I know low carb is the way I have to eat for the rest of my life if I want to feel and look healthy. I've been a sugar addict since childhood and it did alot of damage to my health including cancer at the age of 24 (now cured) and now systemic candida, so I have more reason than many to stick to this WOL (not that I didn't waaaay overindulge in Easter eggs this weekend and am now paying the price )

On a lighter note Pete and I chose wallpaper for the babies room yesterday, we chose yellow because we won't be finding out the sex of the baby until he/she is born, so everything has to be gender neutral. It is annoying at times but it will be a lovely surprise when he/she arrives. We have decided on a home birth with a lovely very experienced midwife. I am 16 weeks now and have my next appointment with the midwife on wednesday, when we should hear the babies heartbeat for the first time, I can't wait!!

Take care everyone
Angela