View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:17

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 245/227/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Low Carbing

My Hubby and I are new to this and we have only had a week on the plan. What we did (because I was skeptical and I REFUSED) to throw out all the goodies I had, that just happen to be low carb is the following:

Sorted through all our cupboards, and moved all the high carb stuff to one location (top 4 shelves of the pantry) then I attached dish cloths to the shelves to hide the food so we wouldnt be tempted.

Did the same thing to the fridge, we are lucky in that I just moved all the naughty stuff to the basement fridge and freezer, I also put the "freezer" foods that we could eat in the upstairs freezer, and everything else went to the basement.

This is the "outta sight outta mind" principle! I dont know how the atkins works, but in PP we can eat 40 carbs max per day, so we devise all sorts of snacks and goodies to snack on if we get "munchy" b/w meals (which is not often I have found). I was really surprised with this plan, I always feel satisfied, never hungry (unless its approaching meal time) and I feel like I am eating waaaayyy more calories than I am. (the weight loss is a bonus too!)

Hope this helps