View Single Post
  #192   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

Brenda,

January 1, 2005, I weighed 160 pounds (I considered at least 5 pounds of that post-holiday "bloat", the rest was actual weight).

Today I weigh 140.25 pounds!

So I've lost close to 20 pounds in 2 months -- I still want to lose another 10 pounds.

At no time during these 2 months have I deviated from basic low-carbing, and I've exercised very regularly. However, this is what I was doing before the hoodia -- just that I would come home from work very hungry and would start snacking (almonds!, sf candies, cheese....). My weight, which I had maintained at around 130 pounds for many years, had been creeping up, about 5 pounds per year.

Now I eat a (fairly large, about 450 calories) breakfast. Perhaps a salad for lunch (no more than 100 calories), and a small supper (last night was home-made chicken soup with a slice of Ezekiel bread [buttered]) -- no snacking at all throughout the day.

The hoodia works beautifully for me -- I am not constantly hungry, I haven't even thought about eating nuts/cheese/sf candy recently -- and I think I'm starting to recognize when I'm full (rather than eating whatever is on my plate) -- working on this one yet!

Bonnie