#6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 21:06

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 402/299/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%
Tuesday

Walked to & from classes; ~20 min each way; total: 40 minutes

also: I finally realized that there was a restroom on the same floor as my office. My office is located just off the bridge between the math & physics buildings, so to get there, I have to go down 1/2 floor from the 3rd floor of the math bldg. Right at the bottom of the next half-staircase (ie, on the 2nd floor) is a women's room, so I've been using that one. What I didn't realize is that just past the 3rd office along the "bridge", same floor, is a women's room as well. When I'm operating in "lazy mode", even better than 1/2 floor of stairs is no stairs!!

Anyway, as one of my little "changes", I'm going to continue to do the stairs when I use the restroom. It's only 1/2 of a floor, but... Every little bit counts

Eventually, I want to start taking the stairs up to my office. Actually, I'll probably start with taking the stairs up when I go to get my lunch, which I keep in the refrigerator downstairs in the math dept. Better yet, I'll take the elevator to the floor below mine, and start off with one set of stairs. When I'm comfortable with that, I'll move to two. When I first come in, I've got my whole load of books for the day... after carrying them with me to the building, I don't want to drag all those books up the stairs as well! (not yet, anyway! I will get there one day!) So, lunch time is a good time to sneak in some stairs.

So, I guess that's another goal to keep in the back of my mind: to try to find ways to add more movement into my day. I'd like to get a pedometer to track how much I walk, but I never really got those things to work for me. Instead, I'll just keep challenging myself to add a little more movement once in a while, and document it here... even the little things.