#7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 09:04

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 245/227/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default To be honest....

Hello!

I have only been on the plan for 2 days now so I certainly dont speak from experience, except that I have lost weight (I have previously been eating about 16 hundred calories a day, working out 4 times per week and not one pound budged, I maintained that lifestyle because I would rather be healthy and fat than unhealthy and fat)

Within 2 days of this plan I have lost 3.5 lbs I havent seen this weight in 6 years! (its not much but its somthing!) The philosophy that I have adopted (from reading alot of the posts, surfing and reading) is that everything that we previously thought was "evil" (butter, cream, cheese...(mmmmm) sausages, eggs, bacon, avacados, cheese, cheese, cheese..... etc) are really "forces for good" - in moderation. I try to balance out each meal (while staying within the 10 carb max per meal) with a veggie, cheese, and meat of some sort. There are lots of great cook books out there with 3-7 g of carbs per serving (Dietitions of Canada, Good Food fast - this was my bible before the diet, and will remain such as many of their recipies are low carb - yippeeee! Salisbury steak with mushrooms in wine sauce - thats tonights supper, with mashed cauliflower to soak up all that sauce!)

And I agree with the diet soda not being part of the total liquid for the day, but I actually find that having a Diet Pepsi with lemon calms those after dinner "gimme a cookie" cravings (or ice cream, or chocolate, or chips, or.....fill in the blank) Also, last night my husband and I found a very decadent treat, its in the Power Plan book under hot nuts. 5.6 grams = 1/3 cup raw or untreated almonds, a pat of REAL butter, little salt, stick it in the microwave and heat for 1.5 minutes (stirring every 30 sec)

Anyway I got off topic, I am just sooooo excited that this plan is working for me and I didnt want you to get discouraged and loose hope/focus. Good Luck!!!