View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 22:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%
Thumbs up ahh no longer a slave to nicatine

Made it thur the day, no problem. Went out to dinner, with my 3 favorite friends, "me, myself, and I". Then, on to shoot pool with a couple friends, all the while, people are smoking around me.
Funny, it's like I almost, wasn't ever a smoker. Just sort of burned out of me.

Also the fear of having to go thur those first 2 days to quit again, is enough for me not to pick one up.

Not all my friends know I quit yet. One of them is picking on me now. He goes, " You don't drink, you keep eating all this LC food stuff, no sugar, soda, caffee, and now - no smoking...... What are you gonna do for fun? "
Told him, I'll feel, look, smell, and breath better than you, for starters. Probably live longer, ... be stronger, ........ He cut me off at this point. ( Good thing, I was running out of things to say anyways!! ) He's the last of 2 smokers now. Think it's getting to him. lol

I've tried to get he on board with the LC WOL, just won't go for it. All I can do is offer.

I figure if I can do 2-bars in the same night and not have the urge for a cig, then I'm cured. I still keep lots of sugarless / sugar-free gum and mints around for those times I want to put something in my mouth. That habit is not gone yet.

( No more "Grrr's ") just,...... Cheers, John
PS: Fiona, wait til the new, sort of gf, finds out I don't smoke anymore.

2002 The year of : Whatever I set out to do, failure is not an option