#7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 19:09
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 169cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

AnnEnigma

I too have hypoglycaemia, luckily a Dr put me on to LC, my food intolerances have almost gone since beginning LC 18 mths ago, althiough milk and eggs still have some probs (wind, bloating) cream,butter and cheese don't seem to cause a prob tho, and wheat used to be a prob, is no more, of course don't eat much of it anyway.I also used to have probs with amines ( contained in mushrooms, yeasts and fermented or aged foods, cheese, pickles , wine, etc)LC has minimised all my symptoms, u may find given time that LC will help minimise your intolerances too, of course it can do nothing for true "allergies" (the diff between allergies and intolerances is that allergies invoke an immune response, ie. release histimines, whereas intolerances do not ) I hope it does help u

If u dont want to list all the things u have probs with here then y don't u start a journal, then only those who r interested in u will go there to view it

i use a program called "big oven" u can download recipes from the net, write ur own, or import from other places files, etc quite easily, it has a menu planner, and u can easily allow it to calculate the nutritional requirements of any recipe u put in there. I found it very user friendly, and i've tried out quite alot. It is also a fairly new program, and the writers actually ask for suggestions to upgrade it and make it better. You can check out the site at bigoven.com (sorry i don't know how to make it into a link so u will have to do that urself) only prob with this prog is it will cost about $25 from memory, but u get a free 1 month trial.

Or u can check out "nutrigenie" i think i found that from a link at the atkins site, but i am sure if u typed it into google, or other search engine u would find it. I tried nutrigenie, found it wasnt very easy to use and didnt have the features i wanted.

Good luck, hope u find a dietician to help u, but if u r anything like me u will just have to go it alone with a try until u succeed way of going at it. The 'net has been a great source of info and ideas as have the books at my local library. If u have the right attitude u will succeed and everything will be better because of it.