View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 11:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Gabrielle,

I have a son with adhd. When he was very small I had him on th Feingold Diet. Basically, it is no artificial colors, flavors and certain preservitives. I know from reading his books, that some people take it farther: gluten, corn syrup... these seem to be the other two biggies. The diet also claims to help autism. I saw some emmediate differences in my son when we started. He used to get terrible leg cramps, those stopped from the first night. Also, his bedtime used to take 2-3 hrs between the " can I have a drink" and the "I can't sleep"s. That too improved from the very first night. Unfortunately, it did not help his behavior enough, and he ended up on Adderall. But, even though his behavior didn't change that much, I could and can tell when he's had (especially red) artificial food colors. His behavior is ALOT worse! So, although I did not see the behavior changes I had hoped, I did see alot of other improvements. I am still a believer in the diet. He is now 11 yrs old, and doing great.

Let me know what you think,

cimart

P.S. Last summer I did have him on the CAD for kids low carb diet. It did nothing for behavior, but he did look great! Really slimmed down.