Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 15:43

Plan: Yeast
Stats: 217.5/187.5/160 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol R
Hollie,

Does this dry brush look like a a regular one with the beige bristles, long brown handle that says shower brush? If so I have one that is in my shower and hubby uses it for his back. I always wanted to understand this dry brushing.

Blessings,
Carol

Dry brushing is GREAT for yeast sufferers. What it does is stimulate lymphatic circulation, which aids in the elimination of toxins. You really should have your own specific brush, made with 100% natural bristles (synthetic can scratch the skin) and ONLY use that for your body brushing. You're supposed to brush before bathing, but I have horrifically dry skin and simply can't shower every day, it's still helpful to brush whether you're showering or not. I've noticed that it helps wake me up in the morning, and really is relaxing just before bed.

You're not really brushing, like you'd brush a horse or a dog, it's more like taking the brush across the surface of the skin in long steady strokes. You start at the bottom of your foot, go up your leg, I take it straight up to midline and do the entire leg the same way (obviously, doing both legs), then go to the arms, from the palm up the arm, over the shoulder, down the chest to the heart, and then the underside and back of the arm the same way. You brush down from your neck to your chest, up from the legs/buttocks to the midline. You want to cover every area of your body with the brush, brushing in ONLY one direction, never away from the heart. The lymphatic system doesn't have its own pump like blood, it relies on muscle action, but this definitely improves lymphatic circulation and you may notice some definite signs of detoxification within a few days of starting.