View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 13:27

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Hi Donna

There are TWO Trader Joe's grocery stores in Indianapolis. You can get your ENTIRE grocery list there, and other stuff at Costco and save a ton of money skipping the health food stores. At Trader Joes, I get uncured bacon (preservative free no nitrate or nitrite) and 100% pure Stevia.

The bacon may contain sugar, but I'm not eating it often enough to worry about it, plus I'm only eating a few pieces at a time. And for a cheaper price than Whole Foods. But Whole foods does carry a wonderful THICK cut bacon there in package, can't think of the brand. I love the thick stuff.

Here's a great bacon tip.... Cook it slowly and it will get crispier and have a more crispy/tender texture. If you cook bacon too fast, it will get tough. Just something I wanted to share in case there are others who love to savor a nice piece of the piggy now and then!

The Trader Joe's Stevia is 100 percent pure and only $9 for 1100 servings! Comes in a nice size jar with tiny scoop (green label jar). They also sell a large Stevia that has lactose in it (big pink label jar), but I don't use that one. Make sure you get the small jar. It's very good and the only brand I can stad of stevia for some reason. It's not bitter to me at all.

Hope this helps. Don't forget you can get NUTS dirt cheap at TJs and a ton of wonderful whole foods for a fraction of the health food store price. They have cage free organic antibiotic-free eggs for super low prices. It's important to eat GOOD EGGS if you are eating them daily. I realize not everyone eats them daily like me, but if you do it's important to eat the good ones.

Hope this helps. Best wishes for you journey into a healthy life!

--Betty