View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 16:24
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I am a former OA'er who did very well while in the program. The food plan I chose was the same one thatmy sponsor was on FAA=Food Addicts Anonymous, which is No sugar, No flour, No wheat. I checked out greysheet plan and meeting and it was way too restrictive for me.

Thanks Ms Twacky! for explaining the derivation of greysheet. Thats an interesting story.

I did gain all the weight I lost back when I dropped out of meetings and left my sponsor. I was giving way too much power away to my sponsor and the program. I did not feel good working the steps either as I honestly felt the only person I needed to make amends to was myself as I was the only person the I hurt. Not wokring the steps led me to leave.

BUT...I did learn an awful lot about my compulsive eating and the things that I eat over. I spent several years in therapy dealing with the issues I eat over.

I use my journal to turn my food over after I've eaten. I chose South Beach because I can see eating this way for the rest of my life. I've lost just about 70 lbs in 8 months. I use this fabulous forum for support. Maybe someday I will go back to a meeting but I am not in need of them now. I read others struggles daily as it helps to keep me focused and I share my experience with others as much as possible too.