View Single Post
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 19:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/187/160 Male 5'9"
BF:More/ than I /like
Progress: 59%

Well, I have to admit I'm not tempted... I learned a long time ago that one should never drink beer that one can see through, as you can't tell how many horses got to drink it first! (Ever wonder why Budweiser still keeps the Clydesdales around?)

I've reluctantly given up beer for now, as I define 'light' beer as something on the order of a Guinness. (I make darker stuff by choice ) However seeing as how Guinness is listed as not being THAT much higher than the horsey beers I may eventually try having one on occasion when I get closer to goal.

I do still have an occasional glass of fairly dry mead, again that I make myself from the honey out of my hive (I started beekeeping before doing L-C, and fresh from the hive comb is one of the things I miss the most )

I've been thinking about experimenting with making a really DRY mead (underfed champagne yeast can pull a brew down to about .096 specific gravity) and then adding sucralose or other non-fermentable artificial sweetener to bring it back up to a drinkable level of sweetness.

Does anyone know if there's a way to calculate the effective carbs of home brews?

Gooserider