View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-04, 22:34

Plan: diabetes
Stats: 150/150/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Vegetarian

I was diagnosed an insulin dependant diabetic at the age of 47, 3 years ago. I must have been diabetic for a good while prior, but did not know anything about the disease. While it is difficult to get the amounts of insulin on track, I wish to let you all know that my 15 years of being a strict vegetarian has proven to be healthful for my body and my diabetes. I have super low cholesterol, low blood pressure, good circulation, good kidney finction, no retinal damage, I have lost no feeling in my appendages and heal nicely when wounded. I am not anemic and am not lacking in any nutrients The doctor seems to think that my vegetarian diet has contributed significantly to keeping my body from deteriorating while combatting this disease.

I am writing in hopes that the people who wrote such mean spirited posts re the vegan life style might try opening their small minds if they are interested in becoming healthy.

I am going to withdraw membership in this venue, as I dont think it will be the help I was looking for.

Good luck to you all.
Sponsored Links