View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 00:39

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

WOW!

IMO the frankenfoods are a crutch for her, like a security blanket, and she's afraid to let them go. She hates the idea of having to give them up so she'll find any reason/excuse not to. Having a shorter period, making the restrictions really tight, etc. are all ways of trying to make the experiment come out to a conclusion that she can keep the treats. All my opinion based on the above post and my own personal experience. Nobody better tell me that my nuts are ever holding me back - I HAVE to have my almonds BUT, I have to say that if I really have to I will give them up to get to my goal.

Another suggestion: go to www.fitday.com and enter all the foods that she's eating (and you can do yours, too, if you want of course). It could be that she's really not eating enough. I would say to be around 2000 cals or a bit more. Have her ratios be at 70-75% fat, 20-25% protein and 5% carbs. After 3-5 days of keeping to those ratios her appetite should decrease as ketosis kicks in. NO prepackaged food, period!!! The exception could be salad dressing but it has to be less than 2g carbs per tablespoon.

Stick to things like eggs for breakfast (any style) with any leftover meat or a bit of veggies and/or cheese.

Lunch can be a big spinach/romaine salad with leftover meat and some cheese, cucumbers, bacon bits, mushrooms... with dressing. Or tuna salad, egg salad with cucumber or celery slices, leftovers from dinner.

Dinner meat with seasonings and some veggies with butter.

I find that if I stick to simple, natural foods I feel the best and lose the best. No fancy recipes, no sf/lc products, etc. Just the stuff that you find on the outer aisles of the market -- fresh produce, meats and dairy.

I have to admit that I USUALLY drink 1 can of sf soda a day - that helps with any sugar cravings and feels like a really nice treat. I stretch it out over several hours.

HTH,

Nicole

ps -- maybe post some pictures of babies on the fridge, etc? Incentive!!!

Good luck with the baby-making! I don't know what I'd do without mine, I tell ya