View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 19:20

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile It doesn't have to be difficult

Hi Lemonhead. Listen, this doesn't have to be complicated. If you don't want to start a journal, don't. If you don't want to make fancy low-carb creations in the kitchen, don't. Do whatever allows you to follow the low carb lifestyle in a way that doesn't infringe on your comfort levels. If you make this too much work, you won't follow it.

Here's a couple pieces of unsolicited advice that have helped me: I buy a whole chicken every week, roast it, cut it into peices and keep it in a container in the fridge. Perfect for lazy days and snacks. I do the same with eggs. I buy two dozen, and hard boil one dozen to have handy for adding to salads, devilling, whatever. The other ones are handy for breakfast and such.

Once you get started, which is no doubt the hardest part, you'll figure out your own ways of making it easier for you.

If you have some high carb tempters in the house that are making you procratinate, like chips and bread and stuff, why not take it to the food bank? Get it out of the house and then you can't have it! I had to do that too.

Hang in there, it's really great how wonderful you feel physically once you get going!

Cheers!
Dizzy D