View Single Post
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 15:21

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi Wanda

I bought a book, called Wilson's Thyroid syndrome, by E Dennis Wilson MD. I'm pretty sure you can buy it off the www.WilsonsThyroidSyndrome.com website.

How I understand the treatment is this:

I go off all thyroid meds for 3 days. I take alot!

Then, I start with a 7.5 mg dose of time released T3, twice daily, exactly 12 hrs apart. This for 2 days, gradually increasing until I have and hold an AM temp of 98.6. Once I can hold this temp for a number of days, I slowly start weening myself down, all the while trying to maintain an AM temp of 98.6.

Usually it takes a few cycles before we're able to hold this temperature.

It takes one month for all the T3 (when you're taking meds) to be removed from your body. Since T4 is where reverse T3 comes from, the first cycle can take up to one month.

Obviously, balancing other hormones is important. I'll probably be using a progesterone cream for the second 2 weeks of my cycle to balance my estrogen.

I also have high cortosol and high DHEA, so I'll probably be on a supplement to bring my cortisol down.

Reducing all stress, both physiological and physical is important. The body doesn't differenitate between physiological and psychological stress, so stress management and lightening up on workouts is important.

I'll be adding more carbs. Below 60, the body likes to make reverse T3, so I'll probably up them to zone levels and reduce my fat

This is all a leap of faith for me because I am able to finally lose weight and feel fairly normal on my current meds, but I want to see if I can get off meds, and deal with my other hormonal issues as a goal of better overall health.

The drug used for Wilson's is time released T3, compounded specially for 12 hr doses.

I can't think of anything else.

If I do I'll post back.

Good luck with your doctor!

Maggie