Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 11:53
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi mle:

Quote:

How did you injure it? Where is the pain? How badly did you injure it? What does it feel like? Pain level and type. What makes it feel better? When does it feel the worst?

Funny thing was, I really didn't feel like lifting. My heart wasn't into it, but I forced myself anyway. Maybe I was in overtraining mode???? I was doing Neutral grip pulldowns, and felt a twinge on the left side of my mid-back. It seemed OK until I did deadlifts yesterday (the day after). Pulling the bar up from the ground sent it into spasm. I avoided anything with back, but noticed that squats also hurt it.

I'm ok as long as I don't use it. It bothers more standing than sitting. I've got an appointment with my massage therapist and chiro. They both do Active Release Therapy which I find hugely helpful, although my massage therapist takes a bit too much pleasure in causing me intense pain. I used to have Fibromyalgia so I'm not new to muscle trouble. For a couple of years, the act of stretching in the morning upon waking would send my muscles into spasm. So I'm certain it's not more serious than a muscle spasm.

I'm thinking I'll just rest, as much as I hate to. I got lucky last week when nothing came of a muscle twinge in my quad doing HIIT. I did lots of stretching afterwards and then had a jacuzzi. But I think maybe my body's telling me to rest. <<sigh>>

What do you think?

Wanda