View Single Post
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 15:40

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%
Smile Ahh, yes...I'm back

I've been trying to get myelf back to a "losing" state of mind. But I just hadn't been able to hit upon whatever it was that motivated me to get off my arse and make all of the changes (eating and otherwise) that allowed me to start taking off the excess fat in the first place. This morning, it hit me that I whenever I start to think about it, or talk about it with friends, I only get reminded of how much I've lost already, and how far I've come.

Well, that's not good enough. I hear those things (or think them), and I become complacent.

I managed to go pretty far off-course with regards to my eating and workouts for about a year, and I've pretty much maintained my weight (I've fluctuated between 216 and 220 pretty steadily over the course of the past year) and my size has dropped just a smidge. So, I consider that as essentially a year of maintenance, and I'm ready to call my first foray into serious workouts and "dieting" a success.

Now, I'm changing my stats to reflect my current weight as my "start weight", and I'm making the past the past. I'm starting over.

And what better way than to reorganize the kitchen and start thinking about getting my food under control again? I've done the physically tedious part (i.e. cleaned the kitchen and gotten rid of lots of starchy things that should have never found their way into the cabinets in the first place), and am about to start putting together my shopping list.

And, I've found my old gym log book, so tomorrow the workouts will recommence. It's Body Rx Cycle 1 all over again for me. And I'm actually quite excited.

w00t!

Oh, and date tonight. It was originally a seven o'clock coffee thing at laidback coffee house, but now it's an eleven o'clock cocktails thing at trendy lounge/bar. Time to rethink wardrobe...