View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 13:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/200/140 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hello again

I'm sure it's possible to find lunch meats on the economy that contain no nitrates or sugars, like Aoste. I don't eat pork, so I usually get my meats from a Turkish store (since even the Turkey meats contain a bit of pork fat). Unfortunately, all the lunch meats at the Turkish stores have ingredients that I cannot have. I usually go to the commissary once every 2 months and stock up on everything I need, but when I run out I usually make my own sausage (from chicken breast) or I just opt for an omelet with cheese and veggies.

As far as Canadian bacon goes, it's called "Schinkenspeck" here. It's just regular ham here. You could go to the meat and cheese counter and ask them if they have the schinkenspeck and ask to read the ingredients on the wrapping. If not, I am sure that Aoste, as well as other brands, carry a type of schinkenspeck.

Just out of curiosity....Are you/spouse stationed here in Germany? I was just wondering because it would be so much easier to shop in the commissary, since there are so many products there especially for low-carbers.

Chynna