View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 13:09

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Smith,
I did PnP and SARP (the new book) for awhile. I found that I could not eat what was recommended and still lose weight. I also found that eating so many carbs fed my addiction, even when it was the "good" carbs. However, many people have had success with that program. I doubt it is here because it is not a "low carb diet." If you're interested in more about it, the website for PnP is www.radiantrecovery.com. It has a lot of forums and other support.

Most times, low carb will actually help to lift depression, because, as PnP states, depression is not just caused by blood sugar, or by seratonin, or by beta endorphin; it is caused by an imbalance of all three. I would encourage you to begin a journal and show people what you are eating. Many times, it's just a matter of shifting things around a bit.

Also, are there particular times of the day when you feel more depressed? Knowing that could help, too, as different foods affect us in different ways.

I found PNP to be very interesting, but as I said, not helpful for me with weight loss, which just fed my depression. However, much of the information I learned from it was helpful in how I now do low-carb dieting.

Shalom,
Sh'ra