Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 17:22

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

hi

i have a condition called Systemic Lupus

that is when your body attacks its own healthy organs

mine attacks my thyroid, this is called Hashimotos Thyroiditis, the symptoms for thyroid disease can also be similar or the same as the symptoms for other conditions.

are you losing hair and getting horrible pains which can best be described as growing pains( it feels like the muscles are stretching)

you really need to see a doctor asap

it took along time for me to get a correct diagnosis. If you do have a thyroid disfunction you will feel so much better on the correct meds. I lost about 6 kg when i first went on them but that is unusual for most people. My aunt has it also and she lost a lot of weight but put it back on within 3 months as her body became used to the medication. Her other symptoms did clear up though.

i was told that my thyroid function was sluggish but not enough to do anything about. I went to another doctor who did more tests and i finally got a correct diagnosis. Lupus runs in my family but my aunt and i are the first to have it attack the thyroid.

You need to get a thorough check up to find out what is going wrong. Thyroid problems are not just about weight loss so i wouldnt expect miracles in that department, but you will feel heaps better in other areas if you do end up having to take the Thoroxine.

GOOD LUCK!!!