View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 07:05

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I've been on so many diets in my life....I'm getting tired of the struggle...and it gets harder each time....so I'm determined that this is going to be my last time.....so it had better work. I plan on doing this right. Unfortunately.....in the process of "doing it right" I got stuck.

I understand your frustration, DerBlumers, but consider the alternative. Even if you aren't losing weight at the moment, you are seeing other benefits (like better blood sugar control). What happens if you give up?
From my DH's experience (he also has multiple food and airborne allergies), just having allergies will make your weight loss slow and difficult even if you aren't eating something that you are allergic to. Add to that the other issues yuo've got going on and I'm afraid the weight loss is going to be very slow no matter what you do and it will be a matter of slow and steady wins the race.
One other thought...what does your daily calorie intake look like? You've said that you keep to 20-25 grams of carb per day, but are you also keeping your calories low?