#21   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 05:17

Plan: CALP
Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default exercise...what is that?

Hi firespirit,
I have not been a big fan of exercise...I used to think it was just because I was carrying so much extra weight...it was never much fun.
BUT i went on a holiday to England for three weeks in the middle of Winter (and it snowed). I found I had so much energy I could walk over small 'fells'(hills) and from one village to the next (a couple of miles). I also walked all over London. My hubby was amazed because he is used to me labouring along behind him...huffing and puffing.
So what was the difference to exercising in England and exercising in Brisbane, Australia?
1. It was so much cooler I did not get overly hot and sweaty. This meant I was much more comfy.
2. It was a new and interesting place. I had to get off my bottom if I wanted to see it.

Once I came back from my holiday all exercise just stopped again...35 degrees celius and 80% humidity just knocked me around. All I wanted to do was lie down!!
My Mum moved to Melbourne in the south of Australia and she found she had much more energy in a cooler climate....or was it the new environment again.

So now do I exercise....well...sometimes.
I like yoga and go through phases where I do it every day for a week or two. I have a dog and I could take him for a walk....but I always find some reason not to.
Maybe the solution to all this is to do yoga in the morning when it is cool and take the dog for a walk at night...when it is cool too?
Anyway..thanks for making me re-consider exercise. I hope you really enjoy your walks around your apartment block.
Kezza