#10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 00:40

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Major Lifestyle Change

Doreen,
Thanks so much for the wonderful information. So complete! The site has lots of resources, too. What a find.
Quote:
Salicylates ... yes, they do inhibit the effectiveness of the guai. And not just aspirin, as you know /QUOTE] LOL! (shaking head) After reading this, I realise that I use all natural products, which contain sals. I spend a fortune on them to avoid chemicals because I like things natural (I feel better). It appears that most everything that I currently use in my home and in my treatments contain Sals. I'm as Sals saturated as they come! Thanks so much for your research, Doreen. I've saved it in case I can pass it along to others who might not be as into plants (& sals). I'm not ready to start using chemicals again. [QUOTE]Until recently, the only form of OTC guai that I knew of was cough syrup. It's not available in Canada as a tablet at all, not even by prescription. Some pharmacies carry generic expectorant with just guai (hard to find without the dextromethorphan or some decongestant/antihistamine) .. and I actually have seen sugar-free, although it has sorbitol, a sugar alcohol with lovely laxative effects, especially at the required dose, which I think is something like 600mg or more per day.

I found the same to be true in the US. I called and it's available at compounding pharmacies with an MD's prescription. BTW, The dose is 600mg bid.
Thanks again, you're a peach to share and to find all that data. I hope that your FM isn't keeping you from enjoying your walks too much. The place where you walk sounds beautiful, the way you talked about the light in the afternoon... Amazing how most people aren't aware of the amount of effort and the pain that you go through just to do that. I admire your determination and your courage.