View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 10:57
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 145/140/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

You may just not be "meant" for running. I think certain people are naturally good at it and don't have a problem with it. It seems that certain people are meant for certain sports.

In learn to run clinics, people are instructed to run 30 seconds then walk for 1 minute, then run again. If you are out of breath (can't hold a conversation) then you are going too fast. Start with trying to do a 10 minute run and work your way up. If you really want to start running, it would probably be worth your while to try a learn to run clinic at your local rec centre or something. Then you can learn how to do it without hurting yourself etc.

I also believe that it is a little psychological. At first, running really feels uncomfortable. Legs might hurt or feel heavy, and the end may feel very far away. Usually what I do is let my mind wander and I'm very focused on the moment inside my head - it's a kind of meditation for me. Generally when I run I don't feel much of anything.

I also agree with Twilight that running isn't that natural really...but that doesn't really stop me. I enjoy it and do it every now and then when I feel like my body needs it. As long as it feels good and I'm not getting hurt I will still continue to run.

Check out the following site for some running info:

http://exercise.about.com/cs/runnin...m?terms=running