View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 08:19

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

I was quite a bit older when I gave birth to my son and seeing what eating problems people had with their children decided I would try and avoid them. My plan was to call so-called offensive foods (organ meats, blood sausage, beet soup, etc.) in our ethnic tongue as opposed to English and not to force him to eat anything he didn't want to eat. Well he ate everything and loved liver pate, beet soup with beet leaves, fried chicken livers, eggs, fried blood sausage with buckwheat, etc. The second year in school one of his lunch buddies told my son that he was eating liverwurst in his sandwich. My son was horrified. Liver, yechhh (although he had eaten it with relish since he could eat solid foods). He came home from school full of righteous indignation that I had deceived him by calling it something else. Well he stopped eating it for about 2 weeks, then decided he liked it too much to give it up. BTW my son is 24 years old now, has never had a cavity, has teeth as strong as diamonds, extremely strong bones, even though he started eating carbs and junk food in his late teens. Now he's back to low-carbing. What Nela says is true that people started forgetting what was good for them because of all the advertising to the contrary. The europeans are smarter than us though because they are not falling as completely under the spell of the fast food giants as we are here. They still frequent family-run restaurants and opt for home cooking while everyone here is more apt to frequent fast-food chains.