View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 23:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Interesting Question...
Hmmm...I always used to sneak a peek, whenever the opportunity arose. Just to make sure I was looking together. Then one day...it was about a year ago...I caught my reflection in a window...and I swear...I looked behind me. I could not believe that was me in that reflection. The person I saw, was way too overweight to be me. I mean I have always had a weight problem, but I was always able to hide it pretty good. Well, in realizing that that reflection was me, I realized the hiding was over. One can only do so much. After that day, I pretty much stopped looking. I stored my full length mirror away, and didn't give it a second thought, because I was not ready to face myself. Since starting this LCing, I have taken the ol' mirror out, dusted it off, and look every day at myself. My eyes do not divert to one particular area, just the whole picture. It is hard to look at for the most part, but necessary just the same. I have noticed some changes. The so called "love handles" have gotten smaller, and the waist too. The hips and thighs, well they will take a while longer, it is always the last place to leave on me. I definitely have noticed a reduction in my face and chin area. And clothes are fitting better. I long for the day when I go try on clothes, and admire what is looking back at me. It will happen, I know it will.