Thread: 1adothis too!!
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 11:53

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Hi there - you are really doing great with the BFL program! I too am just starting out with it - I am entering week 4. I LOVE the workouts. But in response to your question in the forum, I do get sore now, even though I've been working out steadily with weights since October. I think the pyramid style training and pushing to my absolute maximum for each body part, and changing my workouts around so that I alternate which exercise I do first for the big workout and which one I finish with, and doing different exercises - sometimes machines, sometimes dumbbells, sometimes the cable pulls - this all means that I'm using different muscle arrangements every time. My arms were so fatigued yesterday after my UBW that I could barely lift them to wash my hair in the shower - and I certainly feel my entire upper body today.

Before I started BFL I was starting my workouts with 20 minutes of intense interval training on the elliptical then I would work out only 3 or 4 body parts for about 20 minutes, every day, altenating between upper body and lower body. I find that waiting to do the resistance training every other day therefore giving my body parts a full 4 days between workouts has really helped with my results. I work harder each time even though I thought I was already working hard :-) and it wasn't too tough to add an hour of cardio on a sixth day - I just get up earlier on Saturdays. It's not always possible, I understand, but if you can swing it to do it by the book, at least for the workouts (I am still LCing but have added some fruits, cottage cheese and low GI veggies like sweet potatoes - just a little bit) you might find that you "feel" the program more.

Good luck, whatever you decide - hope this has helped a little :-)

And congratulations on your successes so far!

Laura