#2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 04:58
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi Luscious,

I can completely understand what you are going though. I started LF in June 2003. By mid-August, I had lost about 25 pounds. At that point, I phutzed around with the same few pounds for another month and was very close to just going back up to 280 or a new higher weight but at that point, turned to LC instead of giving up - it was absolutely the best thing i ever did for myself.

I know if I tried to reintroduce carbs into my life in any quantity in any meal, I would be right with you.

My suggestion would be to start up again the same way you did in the beginning and the way they often counsel people to stop smoking... prepare and arm yourself.

Read the Atkins book again, particularly the motivational sections. Also, you can read some of the motivational posts on the forum.

Make sure you have gotten rid of all the non-program foods.

Set yourself a day and time you are going to get back firmly on induction.

Then, remembering all the reasons why you want to do this, start back in with the fervour of which you are capable.

It's harder once you have tasted that poison again but you are at a huge advantage to others -- many have gone away for months and come back with all their original weight and more. Save it at this point and you will be way ahead of the game.

Good luck -- we'll be rooting for you big-time!!

Louise