View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:49

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default My Answers

Sorry to take so long to do this, Zuleikaa!

1. Before CAD, I felt terrible all the time. Either I was on a diet and suffering horribly to try and stick to it, or I was bingeing and feeling disgusted about it. I was always thinking about food, either way. Carb cravings for me were a "drive" to eat... I didn't realize then that it was always carbs, but it was. They were stronger than any part of me that I tried to use to fight them.

2. I have done sooo many other diets..wasted sooo much money. WW, at least 20 different re-joins, 8 years in Overeaters Anonymous, Diet Centre, Weight Loss Clinic, Dr. Berenstein (well, a clone of him), Tops, hospital nutritionist, and a million different diets out of magazines and books. None of them ever controlled my carb cravings. I always caved, sometimes sooner, sometimes later. I lost 60 lbs twice with WW, but couldn't stick past that. I also lost 70lbs one time when my marriage broke up but I sure don't recomment THAT diet! I always regained more weight and felt like an out of control loser when I did.

3. I heard about CAD on another forum... and also in a magazine. It took months for me to get around to giving it a shot. As soon as I heard the name of it, something told me it would be the plan for me.. but I had a hard time getting my head around the idea of no carbs for 2 meals a day. That seemed impossible to me.

4. My cravings were mostly gone after a week on CAD. I have never had to restart as the only time I have really broken it was with wine that went well over the hour.

5. I feel I am still a bit in the KITCSS stage. I must have dessert every night. I would like that to stop..but nothing indicates it will. I have lost 60% of the weight I need to lose and am pretty satisfied with my progress so far.

6. After being on diets for so long where any 'treat' is forbidden, it is only natural to go a little crazy with CAD at the beginning. It is so freeing to be able to choose whatever food you want for your carbs. It is learning to balance your RM that curbs this..something I am still working on

7. CAD is definitely for life for me. I will never go back to my old way of eating because then I would be a slave again. I am free right now, in control and nothing could make me give that up.

8. CAD has taken away my drive to eat compulsively. I have a normal relationship with food now and I don't obsess about it all the time anymore. I LOVE it and I would recommend it to anyone who feels that they cannot stop eating.