#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 171/154/150 Female 5'9"
BF:??/18.8/??
Progress: 81%
Default Life after BFL

I am set to start BFL on Saturday, Feb. 7 and I am very excited! I'm a huge planner by nature and so I've actually found it fun to start planning when I'm going to eat/exercise/free day/etc. But I also want to plan what I'm going to do when the 12 weeks is over. I know the book says that once I complete the challenge, that BFL will be a way of life that will seem "normal." to me, but I highly doubt that, primarily because of the time commitment. I know that BFL strives to minimize the time involved, but working out 6 days per week, at least 3 of which have to be first thing in the morning, is a huge commitment for me. In fact, I've had to negotiate a "deal" with my husband that allows me to get up early without being responsible for taking care of the dogs and get home from work earlier than usual without having to help take care of our 18-month old. He's agreed to this on the condition that I only do it for 12 weeks.

Another reason that I don't think I'll continue with BFL after 12 weeks is that the intensity goes against the Schwarzbein Principle, which is the LC (more of a controlled carb) plan that I'm on.

My hope is that after 12 weeks I will have lost the body fat that I want (only about 10 pounds), thereby eliminating the need to exercise on an empty stomach AND that I'll just adore the workouts and want to continue with them at night, after our daughter is in bed. If I'm not so thrilled with the workouts, will more moderate exercise maintain my lean muscle mass? Perhaps Pilates? Or workouts with weights but not as long, strenuous, or regimented? What do you all think and what have you done post-BFL?
Sponsored Links