#230   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 17:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
There are some "sugar blockers" on the market now too...and even some combination sugar/starch "blockers".... Gosh, in theory, if I took them, and a few "fat blockers" (the ones notorious for "anal leakage and oily discharge"..THEIR words, not mine..lol) I could live on chocolate cake!!! and wither away...

Pototofree,

That is why I am so suspicious of the starch blockers. If sugar could be blocked as the label claims on the combo pill, one could literally take the pills and not bother to LC, losing weight at the speed of a locomotive. One of the brands I tried was a starch/sugar blocker, did not work at all in my opinion. I tried the prescription fat pills prior to Atkins, they worked and really did not give me the side effects. Unfortunately I was not fat enough for my insurance to pay for them so after the thirty day sample was gone I had no more as they were well over a hundred dollars a bottle. Those pills actually prevent the body from digesting about one third of the fat you eat, and the claims are substantiated. If the ones sold at the health stores actually worked as they claimed, I would have to believe there would be more credible proof.