View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 20:05

Plan: Medifast/Atkins
Stats: 296/166/135 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hey PKV!!! How weird, my son has asthma too!!! Talk about dealing with the same stuff!!! I was stick thin too growing up. I thought that I had bucked the family obesity...till I got pregnant. hehe But yes, my heart just breaks for my son and kids like him. We've actually had to take him off the bus because of one particular bully calling him "fat boy", putting glitter on him then calling him "glitter girly boy". OOOOOOOhhhhhh...I wish I could get a piece of that boy. The school's aware and who he is...but I don't know if they've done anything about it. I just want to cry it hurts me so bad to see him hurting. Anyways...
My Dr. didn't say anything about his meds being affected by low carbing. Maybe he just knows how hard this is. His wife is one of my best friends, so he see's us outside the office more and see's how Jake interacts. I dont' know. But I would think that if he thought it might be a problem, he'd let me know. hmmm...maybe I'll ask him.
On a lighter note. Jake weighed in this morning, and lost another pound, so that's 6 pounds. I TRULY didn't expect him to lose THAT much so fast. (8 days) I'm so proud of him. I gave him a new haircut, and highlighted the tips (like all the boys do!), so I hope he's feeling just as good as I am proud of him. We don't have a tredmill, (used to...but it just sat there!) hehe But I work out with "The Firm", and he likes to do that with me. I'm going to search out ebay for kids excercise DVD's. That would be better than entertaining my 20 mo. old by dancing to the "Wiggles". lol
Well...let me know how you're incorporating LC. Maybe...just maybe we can get our kids on messenger so they can talk about it or something. It might help then to know that other kids their age are going through the same thing. Keep in touch!